Now hiring: Library Assistant
The Germantown Public Library is now hiring for the position of Library Assistant.
Essential Job Duties:
• Provide customer service to library patrons by checking in and checking out materials.
• Answer telephone and email.
• Answer basic reference and directional questions, and forwarding other requests to the appropriate person.
• Assist patrons in finding and selecting library materials, and in the use of the public computers, personal electronic devices, and library virtual materials.
• Process book drop returns, sort delivery and mail, and search for holds and missing items.
• Shelve library materials.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Ability to work independently and multitask.
• Ability to helpfully communicate with the public to determine customer needs.
• Ability to use and understand technology.
• Ability to work well with others and to promote positive staff and community relations.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to follow and apply library procedures and policies.
• Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull 40 pounds. Must be able to bend and reach. Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
The Library may hire this position as a Shelver or a Library Assistant I, II, or III based on education and experience.
Compensation will be paid based on Board approved salary schedule. The hiring range for this advertisement is $9.25 - $12.40 per hour.
Schedule includes shifts during the week from the hours of 12-6 and Saturdays from 10-3. Approx. 20-35 hours per week.
If you are interested, please fill out an application and drop it off at the circulation desk.
Germantown Public Library 51 N. Plum St. Germantown, OH 45327 937-855-4001 firstname.lastname@example.org