Now hiring: Deputy Fiscal Officer / Business Manager
Open until filled.
The Germantown Public Library is now looking for a motivated team player to fill the position of Deputy Fiscal Officer. Be a part of an organization dedicated to delivering excellent service to our patrons through our physical and electronic materials, programming, and outreach. This position will provide professional level service in helping administer the financial operations of the Library.
This position acts as a primary support staff member reporting to the Director / Fiscal Officer. The position will help assure that all financial operations including receipt and disbursement of cash, investments and payroll are carried out in accordance with applicable statutes of the State of Ohio, the policies of the Auditor of State and sound financial practices.
OPERS retirement, 10 paid holidays, generous sick and vacation time accruals.
This position will be hired at Grade 6 (Deputy Fiscal Officer) depending on education and experience. Hiring range of $21.00 – $23.35 per hour depending on qualifications.
The position is considered non-exempt with flexible schedule. Part-time or full-time. 25-40 hours per week. This position will be required to be onsite at the Library.
- Familiarity with computerized accounting systems preferably UAN (Ohio Auditor of State systems)
- Experience with accounting or bookkeeping operations (preferably in a public entity)
- Ability to communicate effectively concerning financial documentation and compliance
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment with attention to detail
Typical Duties of Deputy Fiscal Officer:
- Position equivalent to Accounting Clerk in other organizations
- Responsible for helping oversee the financial operations of the library mainly by assisting with Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payables, and Payroll
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations for financial statements
- Help maintain financial, payroll, and administrative records
- Prepare monthly reports for Board of Trustees
- Work with Director on annual budgets. Provide reports to assist in implementing budgets as approved
- Help ensure compliance with reports and submissions required by federal, state and other local governments
Typical Duties of Business Manager
- Reconciling vendor and invoice paperwork to ensure accuracy
- Help prepare contract bid documentation and specifications
- Ensure accuracy in governmental record keeping and public records
- Assist the Director in matters of a human resources, facilities management, IT management, business processes, and library administration
- High-school diploma or G.E.D. is required.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or related field is preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in banking, public finance, bookkeeping, accounting, and/or payroll operations is required.
- Experience in local government or library is preferred.
- Experience with supervision is preferred.
If you are interested, please send in a resume and cover letter to the library via email or physical mail. Candidates may also apply in person during business hours. Candidates identified for interview will be asked to fill out library employment application.
Email to email@example.com. RE: Deputy Fiscal Officer Position
Physical address: Germantown Public Library, 51 N. Plum St., Germantown, OH 45327
Germantown Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Note: This job posting describes the nature and level of assignments normally given in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of duties; additional related duties may be assigned.